VIRTUAL ACADEMY AND AFTER SCHOOL KIDS CLUB
OKC Parks is offering a Virtual Academy and After School Kids Club for Oklahoma City students who are enrolled in their school’s virtual learning curriculum.
The programs are open to students in kindergarten through 8th grade who are enrolled in their school's virtual learning curriculum and are residents of Oklahoma City. Dependent children of City of OKC employees are also eligible regardless of their city of residence.
Programs begin Aug. 31.
- Virtual Academy: 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. school days
- After School Kids Club: 3:30-6 p.m. school days
Programs are offered at these eight community centers:
Douglass Community Center
900 N Frederick Douglass Ave.
Foster Community Center
614 NE 4th Street
Macklanburg Community Center
2234 NW 117th Street
Melrose Community Center
7800 W Melrose Lane
Pitts Community Center
1920 N Kate Ave.
Schilling Community Center
539 SE 25th Street
Southern Oaks Community Center
400 SW 66th Street
Taylor Community Center
1115 SW 70th Street
- Enrollment is required.
- Enrollment begins Aug. 15 (or Aug. 11 for City of OKC employees only).
- Click here to download the enrollment packet. Email your finished packet to firstname.lastname@example.org. A staff person will contact you to complete enrollment.
- The Virtual Academy is free.
- The After School Kids Club is a $10 add on each month. It's open only to Virtual Academy students.
Students will be in groups of no more than 9 children and must be enrolled in their school's virtual learning curriculum. Each group will be supervised by an OKC Parks professional.
Students must bring their own devices. The recreation centers have high-speed wifi, but students may need their own cellular data or wifi hot spot connection for some streaming because of bandwidth limitations. Students are welcome to bring their own wifi hot spots or cellular data-enabled devices.
OKC Parks staff will help students maintain their network connection and provide basic help with homework. They will also provide a safe, fun and healthy environment for learning, including inside and outside play time.
CDC safety protocols will be followed and enforced. Safety requirements and procedures include:
- Students age 6 and up are required to wear masks. Youth masks are provided.
- Students will be kept in the same group all day.
- Temperature checks are performed for everyone entering the building. Anyone with a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher won't be allowed to enter.
- Rooms are sanitized when groups of children move to different locations.
- There will be regular hand-washing. Hands must be washed or sanitized between activities. Hand sanitizer stations will be inside the buildings.
- Tables, chairs and high-touch points will be disinfected every hour.